Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to What's In Your Handbag?, a weekly feature that looks inside someone's handbag to answer the burning question, what do you have in there? Want to nominate someone? Shoot over an email with details.
Iowa Housewife [Photos: Jenna Dosch]
Last week, we showed you Laura Lee O'Connell's handbag. The actress who performs as Iowa Housewife in Menopause The Musical at the Luxor showed off her Anuschka satchel. This week we share the content's of her character's handbag. Here, find out what's inside Iowa Housewife's handbag following the jump.
What kind of handbag?
Pleather cream colored handbag.
What does your handbag say about you?
This purse is attached to my character throughout the show. It even has its own choreography and is truly an extension of her hand!
What's the most important thing in your handbag?
Her cell phone. She talks with three different family members throughout each show.
How about the most surprising thing?
The most surprising thing in her handbag has to stay a secret. Otherwise, I would give away the "climax" of the show!
Name eight items in your handbag and why you must carry them:
1. Cell phone — To chat with her family members during Menopause The Musical.
2. Prozac — She thinks she NEEDS it.
3. Facial tissues — To wipe the vapors like the Iowa lady she is.
4. Butterfinger candy bar — To snack on when she gets hungry.
5. Revlon pink lipstick — Never leave the dressing room without it!
6. Honey throat lozenge — For Vegas throat times backstage.
7. Round hippy blue colored glasses — For the "I Got You Ma" song. It's '70s themed and these glasses make you feel the part!