Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to What's In Your Bag?, a weekly feature that looks inside someone's handbag to answer the burning question, what do you have in there? Want to nominate someone? Shoot over an email with details.
Piff the Magic Dragon and Mr Piffles [Photos: Jenna Dosch]
This week, Piff the Magic Dragon, the magic dragon in Vegas Nocturne inside Rose.Rabbit.Lie. at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas and sole guardian of Mr Piffles, the world's first magical performing chihuahua, gives us a glimpse of what he carries in his bag. Here, he carries a Tacular, a bag of prestidigitation he uses during his show and also his after hours party Breakfast at Piffany's at the venue. Find out what's inside Piff's bag following the jump.
What kind of handbag?
What does your bag say about you?
Bark Bark Bark (but only when Mr Piffles is inside).
What's the most important thing in your handbag?
Britney Spears' number. I got it off eBay.
How about the most surprising thing?
Mr Piffles leaves a surprise or two in there for me sometimes. Especially when he's had burritos.
What was the first bag you carried that was memorable?
Once I carried Holly Madison's bag when she came to the show one night. I think she thought I was the bellboy.
Name eight items in your handbag and why you must carry them:
1. Playing cards. Dragons love card tricks. And kidnapping princesses. Although not necessarily in that order.
2. Mr Piffles' service dog card. With this that dog can go anywhere a magic dragon can. He is the law! And magic is a service right?
3. A picture of me and Shania Twain. If things don't work out with Britney and I (or Piffney as we will be forever known), Shania can still be the one.
4. Mr Piffles' Magic Night-Night Potion. I believe it's also called Benadryl.
5. A .357 Magnum so Mr Piffles can practice his bullet catch. He's still only nine out of 10, and replacing him every couple of weeks is getting expensive.
6. A banana. Dragons love bananas. And kidnapping princesses. And card tricks. Still not in that order.
7. A signed contract from Mr Piffles. Nothing unusual, just him handing over sole rights, image and earnings to me for his entire lifespan. I gave him three biscuits the day he signed. Three. Whole. Biscuits.
8. The Croissant del Walmart. I bought it five days ago but these fine vintage tasty pastry treats are all the rage now. Recently, I sold one for $1,750 and the night before that Brad Garrett paid $1,000 just for a bite. With gold like that, I keep those croissants close to my heart.
· What Does Vegas Nocturne's · Beverley Carry in Her Vintage Handbag? [Racked Vegas]
· What Does Vegas Nocturne's Hrit Carry in Her Decorated Cigar Box? [Racked Vegas]
· Vegas Nocturne [Official Site]
· All What's In Your Handbag? [Racked Vegas]