Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Spring is in full effect, so jump into the trends of the season by adding a little spicy cayenne to your palette. Pantone chose this high-pitched red as one of its hottest colors for spring 2014. Cayenne can heat up any neutral outfit, whether you add a dash to your handbag or shoes, paint your lips in hot flavors or go all out with a full outfit in this heated color. Here, twelve ways to add cayenne to your wardrobe.
- Elliott Lucca Moraira Utility Hobo, $198,
- Make Up For Ever Eyeshadow in Orange Coral Matte 5, $21, Sephora at the Venetian
- Halogen linen blend scarf, $29,
- NARS Lipstick in Niagara, $26, Sephora
- Diane von Furstenberg 440 Mini Genuine Snakeskin & Leather Crossbody Bag, $350, Diane von Furstenberg at the Grand Canal Shoppes and Forum Shops at Caesars
- Manolo Blahnik Pacha Patent Leather Cap-Toe Pumps, $665, Manolo Blahnik at Wynn Las Vegas
- Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer Crème in Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, $18, Sephora
- GiGi New York All-In-One Embossed Leather Clutch, $105, Saks Fifth Avenue
- Trish McEvoy Flawless Lip Color in Coral, $28.50,
- Jenni Kayne Crocodile-Embossed Leather d'Orsay Flats, $495, Saks Fifth Aven
- Tibi Zip-Front Structured Peplum Dress, $395, Saks Fifth Avenue
- Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick SPF 15, $35, Sephora