Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Shoulder piece made of recycled plastic beads, $149; woven T-shirt made with 100% organic silk, $59.95; organic leather skirt, $199
- Headband, $17.95; dark navy organza jacquard dress, $299; embellished mules, $149
- Organic cotton embroidered jacket with separate shoulder pieces, $399; sleeveless jumpsuit, $69.95
- Short dress/tunic, $59.95; city shorts, $49.95
- Organic cotton voile blouse, $34.95; bonded trousers, $129
- Long and sheer shirt dress, $149; embellished mules, $149
- Embroidered blazer, $149; sleeveless jumpsuit, $69.95; embellished mules, $149
- Frilled blouse, $49.95; high-waisted navy shorts, $49.95
- Ruffle-shouldered top, $49.95
- Vegetable-tanned leather bustier top, $129; Palazzo pant, $49.95
- Headband, $17.95; fitted jumpsuit (pricing TBD); flat organic leather shoes, $99
- Lace A-line dress, $249; shoulder piece made of recycled plastic beads, $149
- Bohemian off-white dress made of 100% organic silk, $199; embellished mules, $149
- Dark navy jacket made of 100% organic cotton, $99; Palazzo pant, $49.95
- 100% organic cotton off-the-shoulder lace top, $59.95; bonded trousers, $129; embellished mules, $149
- Kimono dress, $69.95, embellished mules, $149
- Top with pleated layers, $49.95; bonded trousers, $129
- Flamenco-inspired dress made of 100% recycled polyester crêpe, $149
- Fitted vest, $69.95
- Lace dress with T-shirt body, $549; flat organic leather shoes, $99
Gone are the days of hemp fabrics, boring hues and frumpy silhouettes for the world of sustainable fashions. H&M is putting an end to bad eco-friendly looks with its third Conscious Exclusive collection, a collaboration with Ever Manifesto. This limited-edition line of 150 looks is perfect for festival season; it launches in stores April 10.
"It made perfect sense for us to kick off the collection in LA," Catarina Midby, head of design for H&M Conscious Collection, tells Racked LA. "The eco-friendly lifestyle here aligns with our initiatives. In fact, the reason we created the first Conscious Collection was because more and more celebrities were asking for stylish sustainable clothing. We knew we had an opportunity to influence Hollywood and prove that you can wear something great for the environment without compromising taste."
H&M will feature the looks at 150 stores nationwide, including at the Forum Shops at Caesars.
Here, a look at some of the pieces from the collection. Start marking your favorites now.
· H&M's Star-Approved Conscious Collection Launches in LA [Racked LA]
· All H&M Coverage [Racked Vegas]