Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Welcome to What's In Your Handbag?, a new weekly feature that looks inside someone's handbag to answer the burning question, what do you have in there? Want to nominate someone? Shoot over an email with details.
Today, Nikka Wahl, who plays the role of Francine in Jersey Boys at Paris Las Vegas gives us a glimpse of what she carries in her handbag. Here, she carries a Louis Vuitton carryall filled with glasses, Gin-Gins and toe socks. Find out what's inside following the jump.
Nikka Wahl [Photo: Chelsea McManus]
What kind of handbag?
Louis Vuitton carryall
What does your handbag say about you?
That my style is classic and timeless...but the size suggests that I'm a girl on the go.
What's the most important thing in your handbag?
How about the most surprising thing?
Non-prescription glasses. I love them! I have perfect vision so I don't need to wear glasses but they've recently become my new go-to accessory. They instantly turn any outfit into geek chic!
What was the first handbag you carried that was memorable?
Probably the first Coach bag I was able to buy for myself. It was the classic monogram C's in this rich chocolate brown leather and tan color. I carried around fake ones from Canal Street in New York City for so long that when I landed a really great gig, I treated myself to a real one.
The contents of Nikka Wahl's handbag [Photo: Chelsea McManus]
Name eight items in your handbag and why you must carry them:
1. iPad Air. I do so much on my iPad! From reading books to playing Words with Friends, to googling just about everything, using it as a cookbook...oh, and Pintrest!
2. Gin-Gins. These delicious ginger chews are a life saver if you ever have an upset stomach or are feeling bloated.
3. Toe socks. I try and take Pilates or my new obsession, Megaformer (Pilates on steroids), three to four times per week. These cute socks with rubber grips on the bottom prevent any slipping on the equipment.
4. Trader Joe's Organic Liquid Stevia. I love coffee and iced tea and this is my preferred no-calorie sweetener.
5. Aquaphor. My lips would fall off my face without this stuff. Thank you, desert.
6. Bluetooth earpiece/earbuds. The minute I get in my car I put my Bose earpiece in to ensure all my attention is where it should be....on the road!
7. Camera. Photography is a big part of my life, however, I would have some serious back issues if I lugged around my huge Nikon DSLR everywhere I went so I keep a compact point-and-shoot camera close by at all times.
8. thinkThin protein bars. This is my favorite protein bar out there. It tastes great, is gluten-free, and it's the perfect post-workout snack.
· Jersey Boys [Official Site]
· All What's In Your Handbag? [Racked Vegas]