Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Lumo Lift is a tiny device you attach to your clothing to remind you not to slouch.
- The ModiFace 3D Augmented Makeup Mirror gives you a chance to try on all types of makeup without actually hitting the beauty counter. The mirror simulates makeup products, and shows you how they'd look on your face in real time.
- This Tao WellShell comes out later this year to offer up 50 isometric workouts. Just squeeze the device in different intensities and durations, depending on the program. Bonus: It hooks up to an app.
- Panasonic's new Facial Ionic Steamer keeps your skin moisturized to maintain elasticity and keep lines and wrinkles at bay.
- This Kolibree smart toothbrush can sync up with an app to reveal details such as how long you brush for and if you clean certain hard-to-reach areas.
- Panasonic’s Nanoe Flat Iron helps strengthen hair and protect it from damage by using moisture-rich particles that are small enough to penetrate the shafts of your hair.
- Withings Aura sleep system comes with a thin pad that fits under a mattress to record stats such as movement and breathing while you sleep. On your nightstand, another component processes noise levels, room temperature and light. Sounds and LED lights hel
- The June wristband from Netatmo is a bracelet equipped with a smart sensor that tells you when you've had too much sun. Synch it up to find out how to take better care of your skin.
- Panasonic's new Nanoe blow dryer blows hot air, while a smaller outlet just above it generates positive ions that add moisture to the hair shaft, resulting in shinier and stronger hair.
The Consumer Electronics Show just wrapped up here in Vegas, and this year, beauty lovers will find all sorts of new products to make their lives easier. Upcoming new products include a bracelet that tracks the amount of sun you've been exposed to, a mirror that lets you try on makeup, a toothbrush that tracks your dental hygiene and even blow dryers that pack a ton of moisture in your hair. Here, nine new beauty products hitting the shelves soon.