Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Limsanity drops on Vegas this Sunday! Months of teasing the collaboration between 3.1 Phillip Lim and Target come to fruition when eight of the 12 Vegas-area stores unveil the men's and women's collections at 8 a.m.
While past collabs with Target haven't created the shopping frenzy found in other cities, you still need to come up with a game plan for handling this like a pro. Here's a cheat sheet with seven tips on how to dominate 3.1 Phillip Lim x Target.
1. Set Your Alarm: While 8 a.m. on a work day may not sound early, it could be rough on a Sunday. A Target representative said the only time a line formed for a reveal was last fall for the Neiman Marcus collaboration, surprisingly. Even then, pieces remained on store shelves for weeks including the coveted Marc Jacobs handbags. Since you never know how Phillip Lim will take off in Vegas, it's best to get there early.
2. Shop the Lookbook: This collection is huge, with men's and women's looks included. Get acquainted with what will be there by taking a look at the lookbook already online.
3. Know What To Buy: Target sometimes likes to limit the number of items one person can purchase at once. At the Mulberry release, Target tried to keep shoppers to two items even though only two people showed up for the launch at Boca Park. Just in case, head for the leather jackets, handbags, leopard prints, blazers and the Boom sweater, all sure to sell out quickly.
4. Know What's Included: No, the shoes in the women's section of the lookbook are not part of the collection, only the men's Chelsea boot and high-top sneakers. So don't waste time looking for them.
5. Remember the Return Policy: While Target generally has a 90-day return policy as long as you have your receipt, sometimes collabs come with their own set of rules. So check your receipt; you may have only 10 days to make a return since these items are limited edition.
6. Target Your Closest Store: These are the only stores in Vegas carrying the collection.
· Boca Park, 8750 W. Charleston Blvd.
· 4001 S. Maryland Pkwy.
· 3210 N. Tenaya Way
· 3550 S. Rainbow Blvd.
· 6480 Sky Pointe Drive
· 4155 S. Grand Canyon Drive
· 4100 Blue Diamond Road
· 350 W. Lake Mead Pkwy., Henderson
7. Or Stay Up Late: Target tends to drop its collaborations online at midnight the day of the big reveal. So if beauty sleep is a necessity, do your shopping online before heading out to the clubs.
· BOOM: See the Entire 3.1 Phillip Lim x Target Collection [Racked National]
· 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target [Official Site]